Soaring Society of America (SSA)
Visit the home page of SSA at the SSA web site at…. http://ssa.org/
See Sailplane Tracker on the SSA pages at… http://www.ssa.org/SailplaneTracker/default.asp?
Notes about the Tracker Page:
- Click on “Accept” on the intro page, if asked.
- If there are not any flights operating on the current day you may look at a previous day by clicking/ toggling the date backwards on the bottom left of the Tracker Page (pause between clicks, since it takes a half second to load the data for each new day).
- When you see a circle on the map over WSC, click/ select it. You will see Williams highlighted in the left column.
- Click on the arrow on the right edge of the Williams Box.
- Hit the “Play” symbol on the map. Increase the playback speed using +
- If the displayed glider doesn’t leave the airport, it means he didn’t launch.
- Gliders must be carrying an operational “SPOT” tracker and be registered on the SSA site, otherwise they do not show up.
- SPOT devices issued by WSC apparently are all on the same account and thus you will see many confusing lines returning to WSC during each each flight that is carrying a WSC SPOT.